In 2019 headshots are no longer strictly for business executives! We ALL need current headshots!
More than anything we want them for social media - for both business and personal purposes. We all check out new people online. Our picture is the first thing that others go hunting for so we need to make our first impression count.
Reasons we may need a new headshot:
- Our appearance has changed - new hairstyle or color; new glasses or switched to contact lenses; lost or gained weight; improved our appearance through fillers, peels, or more drastic measures; grew or shaved facial hair.
- Our last photo is stylistically outdated - fashion and photography trends change
- Our headshot isn't consistent with our colleagues - if you've taken on a new job, you want your photo to look more like that of your peers
- Seasons change - because we live and work at the beach, we might want a summer color image and also a winter white photo
- We need variety - there may be times when displaying a more formal photo is appropriate, and others when we want to portray a more casual or approachable image. We all need in our portfolio at least one studio image as well as an environmental photo.
We should all strive to update our headshots at least once a year. Our professional presence should change to show others that we are active. And we all know that posting a new image on social media gains attention - who doesn't like seeing all the "likes" and compliments that a new photo produces?
If you haven't updated your headshot in a while, what are you waiting for? Contact me to schedule your session and let's get those "likes" and thumbs-up's rolling in!